Tuesday, July 4, 2017

From North Texas to the Apocalypse

Thanks to the amazing generosity of the OSR community (lead by +James Shields and his sneaky GoFundMe), I had the pleasure of attending North Texas RPG Con last month. It really was a whirlwind of an event for me, in spite of being a small con. It was an absolute pleasure to put faces to familiar names and I had a really good time.

Unfortunately, while I was gone, things in the more mundane part of my life conspired against me and I returned to a seemingly parade of cataclysms. On my first day back home my wife came down with a tooth infection that had her laid up for the better part of a week. As soon as that resolved itself, my toddler daughter decided to get her sleep pattern seriously out of wack and put the whammy on both my wife and I for about a week. Just when that settled down, my home became infested with fleas (but not my dog, long story) and I was forced out of my home as we fumigated the house for the better part of two weeks. 

In short, it's been a rough month since I got back from Texas.

But, I can venture to say that things are finally settling down. White Star: Galaxy Edition is deep into layout and we should have the PDF available by the end of summer with the print version to follow soon after, White Box Gothic and White Box Compendium are both now available in softcover digest format on Lulu, and a new White Box-driven genre book is currently being drafted by yours truly. I won't go into any more detail than that on this draft, except to say that +Matt Finch himself spouted the title at NTRPG and kindly gave me permission to use the moniker he so elegantly crafted.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that moniker sounds like a lot of fun... care to share? Kidding aside, I hope the real world let's up a bit. Best wishes to your family during the cataclysm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you and your family an and to the chaos! Looking forward to seeing more things soon, but real life always comes first; we all understand that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful thing when the author of the system you're home brewing a supplement for just spouts the perfect title and then flat out gives it to you. /wink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the multi-crises that hit you after the con. It was great to meet you and we hope you can make it back next year to our neck o'the woods!

    DM Mike

    ReplyDelete

Please confirm that you are neither a robot, nor an undead creature, nor a spammer. Thanks!